Naked Wild West
Urban Decay Naked Wild West Eyeshadow PaletteUrban Decay Naked Wild West Eyeshadow Palette ($44.00 for 0.492 oz.) is a mixed bag. The right-most five shades were the best-performing palette, while the first seven were inconsistent but largely disappointing. The issue I had was in line with what I’ve experienced over the last year or two with the brand; the eyeshadows are just drier, thinner, and powdery, which often resulted in sheerer coverage, fallout, and faster fading.
A standoff is a light-medium beige with warm undertones and a satin finish. It had just enough shimmer in it to look like a sheen on my skin but didn’t appear overly shimmery. It had a soft, moderately powdery consistency that had light fallout during application. It had opaque primary coverage but was prone to sheering out during application. This shade lasted well for seven hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- Urban Decay Inhale (PiP, $19.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Crème-filled (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean (DC, $6.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Feel #2 (PiP) is shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Not a Basic Peach #5 (PiP) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Ounce (PiP, $19.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Buxom Gilt Trip (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery, more relaxed (90% similar).
- Chanel Jardins de Lumieres #2 (LE) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Navy #1 (LE, $19.00) is shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Crosses (LE) is warmer (90% identical).
The formula is typically described as “high-pigment” that “stays on your lids” and goes on “seamlessly.” Their permanent range has a lot of fantastic shades in it, and many of them are pigmented, blendable, and long-wearing. Some of their mattes are absolute workhorse kinds of shades with soft, smooth, silky, and blendable textures, while their shimmers and pearly shades are very rich in payoff and apply beautifully to the lid. They wear between seven and nine hours on me, depending on the shade and finish. Browse all of our Urban Decay Eyeshadow swatches.
Mica, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77007 / Ultramarines, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ci 77492 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77491 / Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Ci 77742 / Manganese Violet, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Sorbic Acid, Alumina, Ci 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, Cellulose, Boron Nitride, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer (D266112/1).