Installing an Automatic Garage Door saves a lot of time and effort. But, it requires time to time maintenance. It requires extra support because it is the most significant moving part in your entire house used multiple times in a day. You can find some problems in the sensor and software of such automatic garage doors, and you need to repair the same with an experienced technician.
Tips for maintaining your Automatic Garage Doors:
Here are some steps and suggestions to keep your automatic garage door maintenance that will keep it in smooth condition:
- Inspect the door: In every six months, inspect the garage door and see any unusual problems in their operation. Has it become louder, is movement smooth or jerky, etc. It is essential because you have to operate the door several times, and there are chances that it might get rough as time passes.
- Perform safety tests: Checking and ensuring safety measures of your automatic garage door cannot be ignored. There are various detailed safety measures under automatic garage door maintenance like garage door balance, any loose part, the automatic reverse feature, etc. You can either call a professional to run a full safety test, which is recommended or do it by yourself with the help of an expert.
- Examining and tightening up the hardware: You can check the garage door and its hinges, garage rollers, cables and tighten any loose part with a screwdriver. A tip here does not try to fix anything related to cables because no one knows which wire is connected to which part. It is recommended to hire an automatic garage door maintenance service in this regard.
- Replace the chain belt: Another aspect of automatic garage door maintenance is when you start noticing any unusual sound when the door operates; then, you can check the drive belt or chain. There can be two cases: cracked, worn out, or slipped from its place. You can buy a new one the same size as the previous one and insert it with the help of nuts and machine tools.
- Properly cleaning the garage door: The Garage Doors Melbourne is always getting wind, dust, rain and not sticking to it. So you might want to keep it clean from time to time. You can wipe it with a wet cloth and also re-modelling it to remove the stains. But to clean it professionally, you must rely on professional garage door repair services.
- Checking bulbs and battery: Automatic machines operate as long as the battery life is full. So the next step of automatic garage door maintenance is the battery and bulbs. The moment batteries and charging are about to finish, they work very slowly and uneasily. Check the batteries and replace them with a new one.
- Adjust opening and closing speed: The garage sometimes opens too quickly or slowly due to tension among springs. Replace it with a new spring until you get the desires results.
- Clear the tracks: The little space between the garage and walls can sometimes cause hurdles in the movement of the garage. That space is filled with debris, sand, etc. that causes problems. So you might want to clean that out too.