The thinner texture and more matte finish seemed to result in the color darkening a little when applied to bare skin. To retain more accurate color, you’ll want to use over dull or powdered skin. It wore well for eight hours before fading visibly on me.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- Clinique Blush Pop (LE, $21.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- KIKO 109 Candy Rose (P, $12.00) is more shimmery (95% identical).
- Zoeva PK020 (P) is darker (95% comparable).
- Zoeva PK030 (P) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Hourglass Surreal Effect (LE, $40.00) is shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Cover FX Mojave Mauve (Left) (PiP) is darker (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Main Squeeze (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Enchanted Mirror (LE, $8.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Catrice La Vie En Rose (P, $5.99) is shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Sugar or Syrup (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$24.00/0.16 oz. – $150.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a “buildable,” healthy-looking flush of color” that “blends effortlessly” thanks to the “silky” texture. They came in more of a soft, satin-to-pearl finish as well as a matte finish. The pigmentation ranged from medium to primarily opaque, and they were buildable to more opaque coverage from wherever they started with. They stayed on well for eight hours on average.
The texture was soft, smooth, and finely-milled without overly powdery, and while it was a thinner powder overall, it didn’t prove to be an issue during application. The blushes were applied evenly to bare skin and over foundation without lifting up base products. I didn’t have problems with the very matte finish darkening much or becoming patchy over a more emollient base (often the biggest issue with matte finish blushes!). Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Pop Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Silica, Alumina, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists areas available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you’re purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.