The texture was smooth, silky, and somewhat powdery in the pan, but it was surprisingly not dry or dusty on my skin, though the finish was very matte and flat. It stayed on well for seven and a half hours before fading noticeably.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- ColourPop Opening Act (LE, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Vallarta (P, $38.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Medium (2) (P, $55.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Contour (LE) is lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Sunkissed (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Laura Mercier Tres Modern (LE) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Burberry London With Love (LE, $68.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
- Viseart Ablaze (Bronzer) (PiP) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze (Original) (PiP) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
$28.00/0.42 oz. – $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula should have a “soft, smooth” consistency that delivers “buildable” coverage. It has a very smooth, finely-milled feel with light powderiness in the pan, but it wasn’t enough to be messy or complicated to pick up evenly. The finish was very matte to the point where it was a little flat against the skin and tended to absorb any luminosity from bare skin or base products.
This type of texture has not worked well for me in the past, but I didn’t have issues with this one, thankfully! The powder was applied evenly to bare skin, blended out well, and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. They had medium to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff that lasted around eight to nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Sculpt Bronzer swatches.
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Laureth-23, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Laureth-4, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract [Vitis Vinifera Extract], May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists areas available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you’re purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.