Bite Beauty Coconut Rum Daycation Whipped BlushBite Beauty Coconut Rum Daycation Whipped Blush ($32.00 for 0.33 oz.) is a light brown with warmer undertones and a pearly sheen. It had the most delicate pearl within the range, so it was easier to work with than others in the line, though it was still a drier formula that did not like to diffuse and blend out.
It had semi-sheer coverage, which didn’t really build up; the best way to get higher coverage was to over-apply product and barely blend it out, wait for it to dry, and then apply foundation on top to soften the edges as the dried down finish wasn’t that blendable without lifting up the product and/or base products. It was swift to dry and pretty matte, so I would not have described it as a “natural-looking finish” as marketed. There were signs of fading after six hours of wear.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- Bobbi Brown Sunkissed (P, $36.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Kosas Tropic Equinox (Blush) (PiP) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Suntan (P, $36.00) is darker (90% identical).
- Fenty Beauty Fenty Glow (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Merit Terracotta (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% identical).
- ColourPop Cottage Life (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Flower Beauty Cinnamon (P, $9.99) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Kosas Tropic Equinox (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- ColourPop Kiss Kiss (P, $7.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Terry Tropical Sunset #6 (LE) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
$32.00/0.33 oz. – $96.97 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a “natural-looking finish” with a whipped feel that is “non-cakey” and “lasts all day.” The pigmentation was described as a “buildable flush.” However, it was more semi-sheer and hard to build up as the formula was very quick-drying and more complex to blend out/layer up without creating patchiness or lifting up the initial layer (or worse, one’s foundation).
The pearl in each shade seemed too large, so they contributed to patchiness and the product moving around without adhering evenly. It was one of the harder cream blushes to use in more recent memory. They showed signs of fading after six hours on my cheeks.
I found the vast and squat squeeze tube to be more brutal to dispense the product, often getting a lot of air and having to really squeeze to get the product out… and other times, a barely-there squeeze distributed more product than needed!
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Daycation Whipped Blush swatches.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Tin Oxide, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Oleate, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists areas available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you’re purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list. We hope you’ll consider supporting Temptalia by shopping through our links below. Thanks! No Comments. Join the Convo! Love our content? Support us by Sharing It!