In just a few hours, we’re going to (virtually) meet up in the Magic City, Miami. Since we first let you know about our new Spotlight series, we’ve gotten a ton of registrations and some fantastic submissions for our pitch-off.
The small event features three segments: networking, a pitch-off, and a fireside chat with Rebecca Data, Managing Director of Miami Angels, and Brian Brackeen, General Partner of Lightship Capital. Everyone is welcome to attend today’s event, but it’s specifically programmed to help and highlight those in the Miami region.
Meet Our TechCrunch City Spotlight: Miami Pitch-Off Companies and Judges
First, let’s meet the companies:
- Evan Leaphart will be presenting his unique approach to helping kids learn how real-life actions lead to financial consequences with Kiddie Kredit
- Lacey Kaelani has been a casting pro for years. How are things still done through Craigslist ads and hacked together databases? No idea. Casting Depot aims to solve that problem.
- Samella Watson, founder of Sebiya, will remind us that traveling where you stay is more than just a place to sleep.
- Dan Saltman has seen people from all walks of life try to handle the footprint that social media leaves in their wake. Sometimes, you want to start over. Redact is the tool to do it with.
- D Marie Thompson has a very personal story about nursing, and she founded Myra to solve a problem that affected her and her colleagues.
The three judges that have the difficult task of picking a winner and runner-up are:
Each company will get four minutes to present, and then the judges will have a few minutes to ask questions. After all the companies have pitched, the judges will get five minutes to decide who takes the crown of first-ever TechCrunch City Spotlight Pitch-Off champion.
Not in Miami? Don’t worry. TechCrunch is bringing this series of free events to other cities across the United States and abroad. We’ll have similar events in Pittsburgh, Detroit, and others as TechCrunch digs deep into growing tech scenes outside of Silicon Valley in the coming weeks.